Tanya

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Gain Knowledge and Share Experiences

4 posters

Human Factors/Performance - Things to Remember NOT To Forget

adnan
    adnan
    SIFU
    SIFU

Male
    Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-05-04

Human Factors/Performance - Things to Remember NOT To Forget Empty Human Factors/Performance - Things to Remember NOT To Forget

Post by adnan Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:56 pm

This could not be said enough:

1. FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES
    if you can't then:
    2. CHANGE THE PROCEDURES
    AmmoGurl
    AmmoGurl

Female
    Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Human Factors/Performance - Things to Remember NOT To Forget Empty Re: Human Factors/Performance - Things to Remember NOT To Forget

Post by AmmoGurl Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:10 pm

should be like this.

1. FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES.

if you can't then:

2. CHANGE THE PROCEDURES

if you realized that you are in no position to do that then:

3. OBVIOUSLY, FOLLOW THE FREAKING PROCEDURES!!!
    ingkau
    ingkau

Male
    Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Human Factors/Performance - Things to Remember NOT To Forget Empty Re: Human Factors/Performance - Things to Remember NOT To Forget

Post by ingkau Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:47 pm

but there are some unique cases, where it seems like being practised in AA, follow the bosses, unfortunately changing the boss will not be applicable as long as dot dot dot...
    adnan
    adnan
    SIFU
    SIFU

Male

Post by adnan Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:06 pm

I am known not to be a YES man. I may not be liked by my boss, and I don'tcare!, but staying within the law and procedures has helped me to survive for the last 28 years in aviation without risking losing my valuable license! Very Happy
    ashnair
    ashnair

Male
    Number of posts : 31

Post by ashnair Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:05 am

Just my curiosity about changing the procedure, why you have to do so as the procedure have been qualified and approved? taking short cut? haha.. Laughing or maybe for personal ease..
    adnan
    adnan
    SIFU
    SIFU

Male

Post by adnan Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Time change. The law changes too! Technology also change. The structure of the company also changes. Fleet change in terms of type and number.. you get my drift?
    ashnair
    ashnair

Male
    Number of posts : 31

Post by ashnair Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Yea.. How about those procedures in AMM? Won't change until been revise rite?and from authority or manufac only. Correct me if i am wrong.
    adnan
    adnan
    SIFU
    SIFU

Male

Post by adnan Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:57 am

AMM changes all the time. Remember TR-Temporary Revisions?
    These are later incorporated in the AMM during the next AMM revision.
    Also any modifications requested and incorporated by the operator. These must also be incorporated during the next manual update.
    Bottom line, procedures do change and we're supposed to abide by it. IF there is something 'not right' with the procedure or the process, you do two things: change to process to follow the procedure OR change the procedures to reflect current process.
    As far as manuals are concerned, they came from the manufacturer which have the local regulatory endorsements as required.
    Remember, the local authority issues the 'type certificate' as such they must be made aware of changes to the aircrafts...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 pm